Monday, May 23, 2011

Ramblings... {bulleted of course.}

  • after taking a month off to focus on me, I am feeling like maybe we will try again this month for our baby.  I had been living in this weird limbo state of carrying around extra flab, not exercising, thinking for sure I'd get pregnant soon.  Well month after month of that finally got old... and wasn't working either, unless it was self-pity I was after.  I have been watching two little girls part time, and am more convinced than ever that a big family is "my thing." 
  • we are making major progress towards our next investment property.  Financing is definitely more difficult now but I think we've got everything in order and are hopeful a deal will come together soon.
  • Warren leaves for Alaska in less than two weeks!  I have this mixture of excitement for him and gut-wrenching anxiety at the thought of driving away from the airport without him.  I can't believe I have a nearly seven year old who is totally cool with flying solo for >5 hours to ALASKA!  He definitely shares the adventurous soul with his not too distant relatives that took them up there in the first place.  He is going to love it, and I am sure this will mark the beginning of his love affair with the Pacific Northwest.  What's not to love? 
  • Bryan turns 32 tomorrow.  I am trying to think of something special to cook or do for him -- I have to admit I am not the best at all things birthday. 
  • We took the boys swimming in Golden on Saturday.  They loved it!  So, I decided that is where we'll swim all Summer.  The water there is WARM and I just like how it is laid out.  I got a new bathing suit and am ready for lots of pool time this Summer. 
  • Jack's preschool graduation is Friday.  I know I am a broken record but I can't believe he is starting Kindergarten.  Wow!
  •  Bryan installed this great little nook/niche thing in the kitchen over the weekend and went ahead and wired for above and below cabinet lighting since he had the wall cut open.  I am hopeful that we will soon display family portraits (getting taken on Sunday downtown Denver outside!!)  in the new nook. 
  • I went to a fun little Stella and Dot trunk show on Friday at a friend's house on Friday.  I am always a little blown away and tickled when someone has portraits I've taken on display at their house.  So gratifying.  And I am super excited for my wrap leather bracelet and darling earrings to come in the mail. 
  • I really need to get Jack out for pictures to complete my mural wall upstairs... maybe this evening!  Stay tuned...
  • Took all three kids grocery shopping on Sunday (I am crazy like that!) and this is just one of the many questionable scenes from that excursion:
[Three boys and a pool for 30 bucks?! Deal!]

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...