Saturday, August 23, 2008

The nerve of some people

Dear Rude Lady at the Movies last night,

Lucky for you I am the most non-confrontational (aka wuss) in the universe. Because when my 2 year old accidentally pulled the straw out of his sprite last night at the Star Wars: Clone Wars movie after sitting there like a complete angel for 45 minutes straight and a few drops landed on your arm, your reaction was really worthy of a good brawl. To quote you "OH! This is really unacceptable, perhaps you could move!"

So, being the self-declared wuss that I am, we did just that. And then I ACTUALLY sat their feeling guilty that my 2 year old had subjected you to such an atrocity as sprite on the arm...even though it couldn't have been more than half a straw volume of sprite.

And then, you know what you big bully? This morning at the gym (yeah I go to the gym now so watch out!!) when I was doing a 10 minute warm up on the elliptical machine before my big debut at Yoga-Pilates Fusion class, the guy next to me finished up. He walked over and grabbed a spray bottle of what must be pure Pine-Sol to wipe down his machine and then *gasp* when he sprayed it it came out in a sharp spray instead of all misty and it hit my left shoulder and ran down my arm.

Did I freak out and cause a scene?

Did I jump off the machine and make him wipe if off me?

No, I conducted myself like an adult and when he apologized I accepted his apology and indicated that it was NO BIG DEAL.

So, then the entire time at class each time I did the downward dog and could smell pine-sol on my arm I was reminded of what a severe creep you were last night.

And I would have been frozen there in time feeling guilty thinking that maybe I should have held the drink for him or perhaps bring a sippy cup and transfer some drink into that for him in the future...until I was sprayed with Pine-Sol and realized, nope I am not the problem here. So, I take my apology to you back! And instead thank you for helping me to realize that I really should have asked YOU to move after your blatant over-reaction and display of rude-ness in front of my little boy, whom I am trying to shape into a descent, polite adult.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Not Going to be a Wuss Any Longer Thanks to You

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...