Wednesday, August 6, 2008

the Plan

So, here's the Plan -- for the blog that is. The reason I am doing this - well there are a few reasons actually...one of them being just to easily share daily anecdotes and such with family and friends far away.

The second is to make yearly memory books from the blog for the boys to have as keepsakes from their childhood. I want them to be able to look back at these books and get a real feel for what it was like on a day to day basis at our house. And if they come away thinking "hey, my mom way a cool, hip, and funny lady" then I have to admit that won't hurt my feelings! The idea is for them to be able to see the kind of people and parents that Bryan and I are as the events of life unfold.

This is the website that makes blog books:

Your blog. Automatically slurped into a real book.

I have tried the scrapbooking thing and find it cumbersome and very expensive.

And who knows, these might actually make good gifts for grandparents too!

Thirdly, this gives me the chance to be a part of the blogging community. Yes, there most certainly is such a thing! It has become a little hobby of mine to check in with some favorite blogging moms I have come across and see how they "do it" and get ideas and knowledge and entertainment from their sites.

So there you have it...the Plan.

1 comment:

Homegrown Tribe said...

I PLAN on doing that too.... very cool way to a family scrapbook.

brittany

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...