Monday, August 11, 2008

Not Earth-shattering...



...but still big news for me. Anyone that knows me personally knows that I have been struggling with my career path. I went to college for 6 straight years and came away with two degrees in Chemical Engineering. Great! I am all set to be an Engineer! Working on exciting collaborative projects in cutting edge technology, making a real difference at my dream company and in the world for that matter.

Screeeeeech! That was the sound of the brakes of reality that ensued after actually starting to work as an Engineer over five years ago.

Enter a little place called reality, wherein I am sitting at a computer, pounding out Excel spreadsheets and barely interacting with another living soul the majority of the day. Not quite what I had in mind, BUT I can't just throw away my education background and *gasp* change careers...can I?

Oh yes, I sure can! In what might be the boldest move of my adult life thus far I have changed career paths and am now a part of The Dark Side. Not in the Star Wars sense though (sorry Warren)...I am now officially part of the sales team at a very cool company downtown.

AND I have also taken up a part time job to try my hand at something completely different just to see. Because, believe me, I am NOT claiming to have it all figured out. But I AM brave enough to try something new and see where my talents and strengths and interests truly are!

The new jobs start in a couple weeks and I will update as the journey unfolds.

OH!! And did I mention that I get valet parking!!

1 comment:

Homegrown Tribe said...

good for you for making a change... i hope the new job is great!

brittany

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...