Tuesday, February 15, 2011

feathering my nest

The weather outside is... delightful! And we have certainly been out there our fair share enjoying it.

However, lately I have been so into my home and filling it with things I love and have wanted for some time.

We bought our amazing, huge table from Restoration Hardware before we even closed on this house a few years ago. It seats 8 normally and 10 with the extension leaf in. (Read: I have been taking prenatal vitamins since I was in college waiting for the right sucker to come along and give me enough babies to fill up such a grand table {wink!})

But it has been difficult, if not impossible, to find the right chairs for it. So, we've limped along using mismatched chairs, some from another 4 seater table we have and the rest from thrift stores or whatever.

Not anymore...

{Pottery Barn "Aaron" chairs}


We found these on Craigs list last weekend, a perfect set of 10 Pottery Barn chairs that I love. So worth the wait! Most importantly, we got an amazing deal on them because there is no way we could have bought them new.

Next up, new pans that my hubby gifted me with for Valentine's Day yesterday. We got a nice set of stainless steel pans from my Mom for our wedding, but they are not non-stick and we have a lot of little scrambled egg lovers in this house. I have ended up buying a few tephlon pans over the years and they all get so scratched and compromised, and I think the coating has to be coming off in our food since it flakes off in the dishwasher. I am so excited for the pans Bryan chose, good job, babe! He went out and did his own research and arrived at these:

{the Green Earth Pans by Ozeri}


They get awesome reviews and can be purchased at Amazon for significantly less than other stores in the mall or whatever. They are made of high density ceramic and I must say I am loving the lime green color. Fun splash of color in the morning for making eggs! :) Now I can have the non-stick without the worry.

Ahhh, yes, I do love my little nest! Now this Mama bird is heading outside!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...