Monday, February 21, 2011

a "recipe" and some mindless pictures

::this is what I have been living on lately::


Plain couscous cooked in organic chicken broth (enough for 5 servings)

Mix in:
three large handfuls of organic baby spinach - cooked down in grape seed oil with a touch of sea salt
one snack sized box of raisins
generous handful of walnuts broken into small pieces

It is SO good! The raisins offer a little sweetness for contrast with the richness of the spinach and walnuts. Lots of iron, very filling, heats back up well for left overs. I sometimes serve it as a side dish to my family, but I mostly eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner :)

That is MY kind of cooking. There are four ingredients and the end result is simple and delicious!

****

Okay, I have no transition from food to bugs, so just go with it. Here are some pictures from the Butterfly Pavilion. Too bad Warren is at the age where he doesn't really play to the camera anymore. In fact, he kind of goes out of his way to be as un-photogenic as possible. Too bad since he is such a handsome boy. Most are of Nolan and the butterflies.









That's all I got! Nothing profound from me today. After spending the majority of the day with five little boys on President's day, I am going for coherent not profound :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...