Monday, March 14, 2011

Las Vegas 2011

We've had a lot of good weekend trips over the years.
But this past weekend in Vegas trumps them all in my opinion.
(I'm sure Bryan would agree.)

We jam packed every minute with activity and conversation and lots of kisses, since it came out of one of our many conversations that kissing often goes by the way side in marriage and neither of us like that. Yep, give us each a couple of cocktails and the conversations get super meaningful and deep, ha! :)

We flew out of Denver very (very very) early Friday morning. We were immediately greeted with perfect 70+ degree weather and walked past so many water fountains and falls like these that they almost became commonplace in my peripheral vision.


I had decided a couple days prior to this trip that I was going to finally get a small, tasteful (if there is such a thing) tattoo of something meaningful while in Vegas. It made sense, we got married there - it is where we started this journey, that has now led to three little sons.

We found a really classy joint:

I nearly chickened out a hundred times, but did go through with it and got three little suns on my inner left wrist in white and light yellow ink. It hurt. A lot.

I realize I am leaving this post hanging by not publishing a picture of it just yet, but it is not ready to be photographed yet, I promise once it is all healed I will.

We did a tiny bit of shopping...

[got the most adorably sexy new skirt]
...and then ate lunch at Burger Bar (of course), where I had a delicious Bloody Mary and said "cheers" for the first time of the trip:

...and then ate the most fantastic dinner at "The Range" (I love scallops!) and then went to see "O" to wrap up our first day in Vegas.

It was a long fun day.

Saturday we slept in! All the way til about 8:30 - whoohoo! Then we went down to the cardio room at our hotel and worked out for a bit. We had coffee and then went to the pool for several hours. It was really hot out, much more so than I had anticipated. I am still nursing my sunburn (when will I learn), but the time just rushed by when the "drink guy" kept bringing me Bloody Marys. Time seemed to stand still... and I didn't even have to tip him!


Once we got ourselves pulled together and showered for the day, we walked around and bought the kids some fun souvenirs from the M&M store.

I couldn't resist this photo op:

...before riding the roller coaster at NY, NY with my eyes open for the first time ever on a roller coaster. It was a blast!

I can't leave out how utterly unimpressed Bryan was with the high end shops on the strip. Here he is swigging his beer outside of Luis Vuitton, right after he actually asked where the clearance rack was at Gucci. It was funny.


We wrapped up Saturday with dinner at a restaurant at our hotel (Mandalay Bay) and hanging out at House of Blues, listening to live local bands and drinking some cold beer.

Slept in again and hit the gym again on Sunday.

Then I tried a Bento Box for lunch (was thinking a lot about Japan and the people who's language I studied for 6 years). It was a fun concept!

Then it was time for me to head to the airport and Bryan to head to his conference at another hotel, where he'll be until later this week.

Bryan must have been really having withdrawals from not gambling in Vegas while I was there, because I had barely gotten out of my taxi at the airport when he sent me these two pictures:


I think he is incredibly lucky at these things, but as he'll tell you, you have to actually play to get lucky.

At any rate, I left feeling just as lucky for the intimate, fun weekend with just us.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...