Thursday, March 3, 2011

Potpourri - "Amazed"

I am amazed at the spelling words 1st graders have these days. And even more amazed that Warren always knows them the day he gets his new list.


I am amazed to think that someday not too far away, I will leave all three of these boys at the Elementary school in the morning.
...hopefully I have another baby by then though...

Amazingly, this was the page I opened to in a random magazine on the treadmill this morning. I knew it! But going to the gym inspires me to eat better and drink more water, cleaning my house... not so much!

It never ceases to amaze me how one minute these two are duking it out in a fit of sibling rivalry and the next minute sitting side by side like best buddies.

A few randoms too:
  • Booking Warren's solo trip to Alaska in June.  He is going for two weeks on his own, embarking on Wilderness Survival and Whales Tails and Salmon Camp, camping, fishing, and being without his brothers.  He is going to grow up so much visiting "Alaska Grandma" all by himself.  I am so excited for him and am sure he'll be a foot taller when he returns.
  • Jack will be doing Lego Engineering Camp here at the rec center while Warren is gone.  Then they will both be doing T-ball after that.  I have all their Summer Kindergarten and 2nd grade prep workbooks stacked neatly already too.  I was excited to get all prepared for this Summer early since I was so sure I'd have a newborn.  I am still going to get to reap the benefits of being prepared though and who knows, maybe I'll be hugely pregnant by then! 
  • Today's Project 365 picture made me stop and think about how my boys view the roles of men and women and all kinds of thoughts got stirred up in me.  I want to raise good men!  But that can sometimes feel like a moving target in society... ya know?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...