Thursday, July 31, 2008

all things Autumnal

Autumn is my favorite season. I am one of those weird people that actually love Winter, so the onset of fall is the prelude that energizes me with its crisp air and subdued hues.

I have tried to incorporate that feeling into my bedroom over the years. It is still a work in progress (all the white walls left just crying out to be painted!) but here is the masterful master thus far:



my Mom got us this bedding set from Eddie Bauer as a wedding gift and it is so worn and soft. I love it and since Eddie Bauer no longer has home stores, all the holes and stains from the kids are here to stay!

The sitting area with the dark brown wall (Bison from Dutch Boy). I have been known to sit here and fold laundry or snuggle the boys right when we all get home each day. These chairs used to be in the creepy formal living room at the old house so they are practically brand new still :)



Our dresser - and yes the top of it does always look like this since neither of us like clutter. Bryan actually put together the vases all by himself a long time ago on a very, very rare decorating moment of his (sorry ,babe, for outing you, but I love you for it!) I don't usually like fake flowers but this is the only practical way to have color year round without spending a fortune.


1 comment:

Homegrown Tribe said...

love the white furniture...

brittany

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...