Monday, July 28, 2008

the Profound Cliche

It was one of those profound moments in life when you hear or see or experience something that just really makes an impression and tickles your heart...we are grocery shopping - Warren and I - and I put a few cans of Italian Wedding Soup into the cart and quickly kiss him on the forehead. Before I can even straighten back up to resume he puts his arms around my neck and says into my ear "you are the best mom, EVER!"

If you think I got teary at that moment, or that I am even teary now typing it...nope...I actually smiled from ear to ear and laughed out loud. How many times did we all tell that to our moms in every corny home-made mother's day card, right? It is so cliche and yet that was the first time I had ever been on the RECEIVING end of this little remark that little kids so innocently and yet so knowingly bestow upon the next generation of "best mom EVERs"...okay now I am getting teary ;)

Well, I bet he wasn't thinking I am the best mom ever when he was a newborn strapped to the UV light for his case of Jaundice ;)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...