Thursday, July 17, 2008

I can relate...

We were watching the movie "Over the Hedge" recently and this song came on at the end and the lyrics are just hilarious - anyone in the burbs, this will tickle your funny bone ;)

Rockin’ The Suburbs (feat. William Shatner)

Let me tell y'all what it's like
Watching idol on a friday night
In a house built safe and sound
On indian burial ground
Sham On

We drive our cars everyday
To and from work both ways
So we make just enough to pay
To drive our cars to work each day

We're rocking the suburbs
Around the block just one more time
We're rocking the suburbs
Cause I can't tell which house is mine
We're rocking the suburbs
We part the shades and face facts
They got better looking Fescue
Right across the cul de sac

Hotwheels take rising stars
Get rich quick seminars
Soap opera magazines
40,000 watt nativity scenes
Don't freak about the smoke alarm
Mom left the TV dinner on

Yet we're rocking the suburbs
From family feud to Chevy Chase
We're rocking the suburbs
We numb the muscles in our face
We're rocking the suburbs
Feed the dog and mow the lawn
Watching mommy balance the checks
While daddy juggles credit cards

Hi, sorry to bother you
The name's Bill
I live just across the street
Yeah that's right over there
No, no not that house, the one next to it with the extra flower bed
Oh, and here's all your papers from the last few days, they were just piling up on the driveway where the...whole neighborhood could see them
Not that that's a problem of course
But that and the grass being a little overgrown
Might give someone the impression that you Were out of town
And you wouldn't want that
I've got to be going shortly to a little
class I've been attending I just...
No, no, no, no not pottery or anything like that it's uh...
An ANGER MANAGEMENT class
Actually,
and speaking of that very class
They've been emphasising finding some common ground
With people before you confront them
to avoid becoming violent, you know?
Well actually we do have a few things in common
Here could you take these papers
They're getting my suit wet
and as I was saying
we do live on the same cul-de-sac
That's common ground
and I believe we actually have the same house plan, except the reverse, your garage is on the left and mine's on the...
No, it wasn't me that dialled 911 at 6:31pm Wednesday about your son's noisy rock band
anyway it's about your dog
And of course about our garbage
And the neighbor's garbage can
No, I'm sorry it is your dog
Who's been strewing garbage around the block
And I have digital evidence
Complete with red eye reduction
which I will e-mail to you
to prove that it is in fact your dog
Now, I should warn you that I have a black belt in in karate too
and I'm certainly don't mind using it if necessary
No, not on you man
ON...YOUR...STINKING...DOG

We're rocking the suburbs
Everything we need is here
We're rocking the suburbs
But it wasn't here last year
We're rocking the suburbs
You'll never know when we are gone
Because the timer lights come on
And turn the cricket noises on each night
Yeah, yeah, we're rocking the suburbs
Yeah, yeah, we're rocking the suburbs

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...