Monday, July 28, 2008

random thoughts from the Western Slope

View from the facility I am working at:

I am away for work tonight, on business, or as I like to call it - having a mini-vacation where hot showers are encouraged, inside voices rule, and undisturbed sleep is a given. Never mind that I am in some 5th tier hotel in a town I'm not sure even classifies as small (more like miniscule wide spot in the road), no that is not the point...the point is I can hear myself think and can actually take the time to articulate my thoughts at my leisure. So, here is what I am thinking about tonight in the quitness of my -- wait this might even actually be a motel-room:

*If I ever have a daughter I will name her Ruby Claire and keep her baby toe-nails painted always. If you ever read this, Ruby, I think about you every time I paint my own toe nails and I'm sure you are way cooler in real life

*I have been thinking about and wanting to start recycling since we moved and then yesterday we got an email from the HOA folk asking if we want to participate in the neighborhood recycling pick-up...uh, yeah! Too weird ;) I love Jefferson County!

*I hope I can sleep tonight and can put the insomnia away for a little while...but hope only goes so far and I am a pragmatist, so the beer should help too! Hope and beer...a winning combination I think!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...