Friday, February 6, 2009

little minds and little hands ...




...LOVE playdough! Alaska Grandma (my mom) is a dental hygienist and she got the boys this great dentist play set for their playdough for Christmas. They are so enamored since they are very familiar with going to the dentist and are really enjoying being on the other side of the fence :) It has a drill and everything so they are really role playing to their hearts' content.

Playdough is a staple activity at our house these days and can easily occupy an hour with very little adult intervention required. Which brings me to one point I would like to record here on my digital scrapbook/journal...I find being a stay at home mom WAAAAY easier than a working mom. I have SO much TIME to do the housework and relax so it does kind of leave me wondering about this so-called "hardest job there is." Maybe my boys are exceptionally independent or "easy"? Hmmmm, I'm just sayin'...maybe I missed my induction into the SAHM Union where I would have been sworn to display frantic busy behavior and vow to proclaim the difficulty of my "job" to anyone in earshot -- who knows.

I AM thoroughly enjoying all the time I get to spend watching them play and interact with each other, teaching them little life skills and preparing them each and every meal and snack, leaving no wonderment to what they've eaten on any given day. BUT, I also miss...um brain stimulating conversations and challenges and problems that need solved...basically my career. It is a toss up I suppose. It is true that you can't have your cake and eat it too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...