Monday, February 16, 2009

Traditions are good

So, the boys have been at Grandma's house for the past 2 days. And I remember vividly how when I was little and was away from my house overnight, my mom would usually clean my room top to bottom in a way that truly only a mom can. She would arrange my stuffed animals neatly on my bed and all my shelves and other surfaces would be wiped down and perfectly decorated. It made me feel so special and missed while I was gone.

Warren and Jack are coming back home today, and most certainly to clean perfectly made beds in keeping with the tradition. And I couldn't help but carry on out to the loft/playroom since their room doesn't really get messy as all the toys are in the loft.

Some snippets of the newly cleaned and de-gooed playroom:



I hope it lets them know that they were missed, because they REALLY were. We mostly milled around, wondering what on Earth people without kids do all weekend ;)

1 comment:

Erica said...

When you don't have kids you go out, sleep in and stay up late of course I wouldn't know that because I've got 4 and you are on your way there! I agree that traditions are good, I need more of them! Have a blessed day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...